How to Intubate a patient? is our topic Today to intubate or orotracheal intubation.
we will use youtube video to learn you How you can intubate a patient?Indication for Orotracheal intubation(ETT): Respiratory arrestwhatever the cause. Respiratory failureas in multiple medical diseases. Airway obstruction commonly in Foreign body. Need for prolonged ventilatory supportin ICU. Class III or IV hemorrhage with poor perfusion Severe flail chest or pulmonary contusion Multiple trauma, head injury and abnormal mental statusas in Road trafic accident. Inhalation injury with erythema/edema of the vocal cords Protection from aspiration.
--> Endotracheal intubation Definition: is the placement of a tube into the trachea.
Steps for intubation:
- Open the airway to give oxygen before intubation(using Ambu bage connected with oxygen)
- Remove blockages from the airway or secretion by suction machine.
- Try to get a better view of the upper airway to put ETT.
- Put the ETT in the trachea in clear vision.
- Protect the lungs in certain patients.
- careful from Bleedind or infection.
- Be sure that ETT putted in correct position using stethoscope.
SUPPORT Us AND SUBSCRIBE:
Other videos about ATLS you can watch from our learnning youtube channel:
ACLS Guidelines updated video-->